With more and more players looking to take advantage of casino games on the go, the number of mobile apps in this area has also increased significantly. While factors such as reliability, games selection and security are all still of huge importance when looking for a new casino platform, it is now also crucial to find a company that delivers excellent mobile options too. Our experts have put together a list of some of the most reputable casino apps on the market today, as well as some other important factors that must be taken into consideration in this area. Let’s kick things off by taking a look at how to find the best casino app to suit your needs.
How to Find a New Casino App
With so many casino apps now being available to gambling customers, it can sometimes be difficult to decipher as to which is the best. As a result, our experts have put together some of the factors that help to separate the best from the rest, which are likely to have an effect upon which you ultimately download.
- Offers & Promotions – The best casino’s will provide a range of promotions to both new and existing customers, as well as specific bonuses for mobile players. The top mobile platforms will also ensure that such promotions come with unstrict terms and conditions, making withdrawals realistic.
- App Usability – While many casino’s now have their own app, the usability of such platforms often separates the wheat from the chaff. The ability to play your favourite casino games in just a few taps of your screen is very important, offering an excellent getaway from the tasks of everyday life.
- Banking Options – The best casino apps make processing both deposits and withdrawals as easy as possible, which is achieved by offering a wide range of banking methods.
- App Design – The best casino apps are also visually pleasing, which only helps to add to the user-experience. Menus and additional features should be made easily visible at all times using a range of devices.
- Selection of Games – Online casino’s today now offer a wide range of games on their main websites, however they should also offer mobile customers a similar number. From slots and roulette to blackjack and poker, the best casino apps will deliver the most popular titles from the biggest software providers.
- Customer Support – For times when additional assistance is required, mobile customers should know that they are able to easily communicate with support agents via their device. As a result, the best casino apps will deliver a variety of support measures, including live chat.
What is a Mobile Casino
We call online casinos with a mobile offering “mobile-ready casinos.” These casinos allow players to access all or some of the games from the desktop casino site on their mobile devices. Some mobile-ready casinos even feature exclusive games and promotions.
Online casinos and software platform developers are well aware that most users like to play on mobile too. Games are created with excellent performance and fun gameplay on mobile devices as well. Some games are even made exclusively for mobile!
Play for Real Winnings
Just because you are playing on mobile doesn’t mean you can’t win cold, hard cash. Because you use a single account across devices, you play with your same funds regardless of device or location.
Available on Various Devices
It doesn’t matter what kind of device you have; you are bound to find a mobile casino that has a tailored experience for it. That means that whether you have an iOS or Android phone or tablet, you won’t be left behind.
How We Evaluate?
Through our years of experience being players and pundits of the online gaming industry, we have learnt what the most important factors are when rating a mobile casino.
The more devices you can use to access the mobile version of a casino, the better. We check whether they offer native apps for both iOS and Android devices and whether these support most screen sizes. We also factor in web apps if they are well made.
Quality of Games
The quality and variety of games you can expect on mobile vs the casino site largely come down to the software platforms the casinos use. We know the best software platforms to look out for and test the games for their experience on mobile screens.
Who doesn’t like bonuses? Especially if they have an air of exclusiveness about them. Some casinos lure their players to the mobile app with attractive bonuses. Now, you can be rewarded simply for choosing a convenient platform to play casino games.
It feels more trustworthy and convenient if you can download the mobile app from your device’s official app store, whether that be Google Play for Android devices or the iTunes App Store for Apple devices. Apps from the site itself can also be considered reliable.
All mobile apps are not created equal, and you can find a vast range of quality. We expect apps to be easy to use, without bugs and to provide the same level of security. Native apps are also preferred although there are excellent web apps.
General Casino Factors
There will be no point using a casino’s mobile app if the casino itself isn’t worth it. We first and foremost pick only the top casinos before even reviewing their apps. These casinos as safe, fair and provide excellent bonuses and promotions.
Casino Apps vs Mobile Browser
There are generally two ways in which customers can play their favourite casino games using mobile devices, be it via a downloadable app or directly through the browser found on your device. While casino’s will generally ensure that their platforms are accessible via mobile browsers, dedicated apps are not always available. Browser platforms are built in HTML5, meaning that they can be accessed across a variety of systems. Meanwhile, casino apps are only available to both iOS and Android users.
As well as this, casino apps are understandably more difficult to develop than browser-friendly sites, meaning that not all companies have the time and finances available in order to create one. Links to apps can be found in both the App Store and Google Play Store, with the download process taking just a matter of minutes to complete.
Types of Mobile Apps
You can play mobile casino apps on a variety of devices and in a number of ways. Here are the most common platforms.
Apple (iOS) Devices
Apple devices are known for their tight security which should give you some peace of mind when you play mobile casino games on them.
Android devices are extremely varied and come in all shapes, sizes and brands. A mobile app for Android should allow you to play on most devices.
Mobile Web Apps
When a casino doesn’t provide a native app for a device, they usually ensure that their site works well on mobile devices so you can play through your browser.
How to play on a mobile casino?
Are you ready to play on mobile? Good choice! Luckily, getting started only takes a few minutes, and we’re here to walk you through the steps.
- Create an Account
- You can create an account on most mobile apps. However, it’s easier to do from the website, and in some cases, you need to have an account on the website before logging into the app.
- Download the App
- The best mobile apps are often provided by either the App Store or Google Play Store. You can also find them on the casino sites themselves.
- Check for Exclusive Promotions
- Some online casinos hand out exclusive promotions to their mobile users. You definitely want to take advantage of these free offers. Some of them require you to make a deposit from your mobile.
- Play and Win
- You are in for some fantastic mobile gaming experiences! You are also eligible for the same payout ratios and winnings as on the regular site.
Casino Games Available to Mobile Players
The best casino’s will offer a wide range of games to their mobile customers, including some of the most popular titles, created by the most respected software providers. Let’s take a closer look at some of the standout games available via casino apps.
- Slots – Slots are perfect for those playing on a smaller screen, with some huge jackpots available to be won in this area. With the simplicity of slot games attracting a large number of players, there really is no difference to being in the casino yourself.
- Roulette- This classic casino game has long been a favourite for mobile users, with it being available in either a live casino or virtual table. With a variety of different versions and rules, punters must pick their preferred number or colour in order to come out on top.
- Blackjack – This brick and mortar classic is fun no matter what platform you are playing it on, however mobile customers are able to take advantage of a large amount of entertaining titles, including live dealer options.
- Other – Most casino’s will offer other gambling opportunities to mobile users, whether it be through sports betting, bingo or poker.
Tips When Using a Casino App
Playing your favourite games using a casino app is certainly different to using a desktop platform, so our experts have put together the following tips in order to help you along the way.
- Never save your password – While many will find it tempting due to the speed and ease of access, we would advice that you do not save your password on casino apps. This is a safety measure, with anyone finding your phone able to take advantage of your casino account with relative ease.
- Watch your data usage – When playing casino games using your mobile device, you are likely to be using data rather than Wi-Fi. As a result, it is important to keep an eye on the amount of data in which you are using, especially when it comes to live casino games. There is nothing worse than receiving a hefty bill as a result of going over your data allowance.
- Battery life – Playing casino games through an app is also likely to significantly effect your battery usage, due to the demands placed on the processor when it comes to video and sound. Reducing the brightness of your screen can aid the battery in this situation.
Mobile Casinos FAQs
In this section, our experts have answered some of the most commonly asked questions surrounding the best casino apps, perfect for those looking for a better understanding for this style of gambling online.
How to get started with an online casino app?
It has never been easy to get started with an online casino app, with more and more platforms having become available to players free of charge. With each coming with their own advantages and disadvantages, be sure to select your preferred platform, before finding the relevant download link via the App Store or Google Play Store. It may sometimes be quicker to register with the casino via your desktop beforehand.
Can I win real money with an online casino app?
Absolutely. When gambling on a casino app, players have the same chance of winning as they would in a real-life casino. Generally, the more that you stake, the higher the potential winnings will be.
Which app is the best for casino games?
Due to the sheer volume of apps that are now available to download, it is difficult to name just one casino when it comes to the best selection of games. The best app for you is likely to be the one which provides the greatest variety of games in the area in which you plan to play, whether it be slots or roulette.
How do I know if my casino supports mobile?
An online casino that has either a native app or a web app should have a page on the site with more information about it. Otherwise, you should search in your mobile’s app store.
Are the same promotions available on mobile?
In our experience, all the bonuses and promotions that are available on the site are also available on mobile. Mobile apps might come with their own exclusive promotions, though.
Do I need an account to use the mobile app?
Most mobile casinos require you to create your account beforehand at the online casino website. You can sign up for others when you install and run the app for the first time.
Can I redeem my welcome bonus from the app?
In most cases, yes! You should check the promotions of your specific casino, as some offer different welcome bonuses for the mobile app and the site.
Can I withdraw and deposit funds on mobile?
Most online casinos allow you to deposit and withdraw funds from your mobile device. However, some restrict this service or require extra identification for your safety.
Are mobile apps safe?
Those registering with a reputable casino can rest assured that their casino app will be 100% safe and reliable, meaning that all actions on this platform are done so securely. Apps utilise SSL encryptions in order to keep out the threat of fraud from third parties, as well as installing a variety of other security measures.
Can I play on casino apps for free?
Many casino’s provide the opportunity for players to play games for free using their app, perfect for those new to this form of gambling or looking to gain a better understanding of a particular game. Once you have tested a particular range of games, you may well feel ready to start gambling with real money.
How does playing on an app compare to desktop?
Casinos apps are now very advanced, meaning that there is not too much of a difference between the two platforms. As a result, casino players are able to quickly get used to a new mobile platform, with many operators utilising similar designs and interfaces across the two.
Final Thoughts on the Best Mobile Gambling Sites
Our experts have worked hard in order to deliver to our readers nothing but the best casino apps available to download today, allowing customers to play their favourite games on the go at any time and in any place. No matter what type of casino app you ultimately end up downloading, be sure to gamble responsibly, remembering that the enjoyment should be at the forefront at all times.