What to Consider with a New Betting Site
When considering whether or not to sign-up on a new betting site, punters must first look at whether the bookmaker is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. As well as this, take into account the feedback in which the betting site has already gained, whether it be good or bad, with this likely to be a good indication as to their performance. Those with a good reputation within the industry are likely to be considered as reliable, safe and trustworthy, which are all important factors for those wagering online today.
Meanwhile, potential punters must also look at the banking methods available on a new betting site, ensuring that there is an option which meets their needs in terms of speed, fees and ease of use, whether it be a credit card, e-wallet or bank wire. There is nothing worse than having to wait long periods in order to receive your winnings or not being able to quickly take advantage of an in-play market because a betting site does not offer instant deposits.
Elsewhere, some betting sites will have a particular focus when it comes to sports markets, whether it be specialising on football or horse racing. As a result, customers must be sure that their needs will be met in terms of the type of bet in which they enjoy placing, with the depth and variety of markets likely to determine this. The best new betting sites will offer a large number of bet types in over 30+ sports, not just traditionally popular disciplines.
Finally, while this should not be the sole basis of your decision, many new betting sites will offer a generous welcome bonus in order to entice punters into registering. Such promotions can be lucrative, as well as providing an excellent platform to kick-start your betting on.
What are the Benefits of New Betting Sites?
Those thinking about registering with a new bookmaker must first decide whether it is worth the time and effort. As such, let’s take a look at the potential benefits in which punters can take advantage of with new betting sites, with the following being the standout points:
- Sign-Up Bonus – As previously mentioned, many of the newest betting sites available to punters in the UK offer some form of welcome bonus, whether it be a matched deposit or free bet offer. Be sure to look into the term and conditions surrounding such offers, with many coming with strict wagering requirements, making ultimate withdrawals difficult.
- Ongoing Promotions – New betting sites are also likely to look to differentiate from their competitors by offering promotions to existing customers, including accumulator insurance, loyalty free bets and price boosts. Such promotions help punters to maximise winnings and minimise losses online.
Technology – The world of online sports betting has advanced significantly over recent years, with new betting sites today having to ensure that they offer a variety of up-to-date features and services, including live streaming, cash out and live chat customer support.
What are the Disadvantages of New Betting Sites?
The advantages mentioned above are all well and good, however there are likely to be some disadvantages to look out for too, with no new betting site being perfect across the board. So, let’s take a look at some of the most important negatives surrounding such platforms:
- Trust – Upon a new betting site hitting the market, it is likely to take time for them to build the trust of punters. With already established bookmakers having developed good reputations over the years, this is something in which new platforms are unable to achieve from the off, meaning that they must perform well when it comes to security and reliability.
- Usability – While the majority of new betting sites make it easy for punters to make the transition from another bookmaker, some do not. As a result, a new betting site must work hard when it comes to the design of their platform, with there being nothing worse than a slow, confusing and overcrowded page.
New Betting Sites: Free Bets
Online betting customers are unlikely to ever turn their noses up at a free bet, as this form of promotion offers the chance to wager without using your hard-earned cash. As such, many new betting sites will offer free bets to both new and existing customers in an attempt to both attract them to register and continue wagering on their sportsbook. With locating the best free bet offers not always being easy, our experts have searched the web, delivering the standout promotions on our platform on a regular basis.
New Betting Sites: Responsible Gambling
New betting sites must also have a major focus surrounding responsible gambling, with the work being carried out in this area often saying a lot about a bookmaker in general. As a result, the majority of new betting sites will list the organisations in which they work with on their various platforms, as well as having the following features in place:
- Betting limits – Often ranging between both markets and betting sites, punters will have a maximum amount in which they are allowed to stake on a potential bet.
- Deposit limits – Similarly, punters are able to set limits when it comes to how much they deposit, whether it be on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Links to help – Betting sites should offer quick and easy access to help when it comes to responsible gambling.
- Self exclusion – Many betting sites also make it possible for customers to exclude themselves from being active on their platforms, whether it be permanently or for a particular period of time.
New Betting Sites: Banking Options
We have previously mentioned the importance of a new betting site offering a method of banking that suits your needs and wants in this area, however with punters today being more demanding than ever, this effectively means delivering a large amount of options when it comes to both depositing and withdrawing cash. Transactions on new betting sites should be easy to process, fast and secure, with the following being among the most popular for punters operating online at present:
- Apple Pay
- Bank Transfer
New Betting Sites Summary
Readers of this page will now be more than familiar with just what a new betting site can offer, as well as some of their potential downfalls. However, with bookmakers trying to get a slice of the action on a regular basis, it is always worth considering taking advantage of the services and features in which they provide. Be sure to check out our detailed reviews in order to gain further insight into individual new betting sites, with our experts outlining all of the important points to consider. While registering with something new may be something in which you are not used to, with time being needed to familiarise yourself with everything that is going on, the potential benefits mean that it can often be well worth it.
New Betting Sites FAQ
In this section, our experts have answered some of the most commonly asked questions surrounding new betting sites.
New betting sites often deliver something in which existing platforms do not, whether it be a lucrative welcome bonus, high odds or live streaming. Such advantages can help to make the wagering experience all the more enjoyable, making new bookmakers well worth considering.
There are a number of ways in which potential customers can know if a new betting site is trustworthy, with a license form the UK Gambling Commission being a good place to start. Those who hold such a license have already been put through strict testing, while punters can also look at the security measures in which a batting site has in place, with such information being accessible through our bookmaker reviews.