Following on from a dramatic grass court season that culminated in Novak Djokovic claiming the Wimbledon crown, the European clay court swing continues with some of the biggest names on the tour looking to pick up the trophy in Hamburg. With so many players having missed out on ranking points on the grass at SW19 – it promises to be a fascinating week in Northern Germany.
ATP Hamburg 2018 Outright Betting
The tournament organisers in Hamburg will be delighted with the field they’ve been able to assemble so soon after Wimbledon:
Here’s a look at some of our favourites for the Hamburg title:
- Dominic Thiem – 3/1 (William Hill) – The French Open finalist has had a brilliant 2018 – particularly on the dirt. His disappointing showing at Wimbledon will be prevalent in his mind but how he would like to bounce back here in Hamburg.
- Diego Schwartzmann – 6/1 (Ladbrokes) – The diminutive Argentine has had a brilliant season – reaching the last 8 and Roland Garros and climbing comfortably in to the world’s top 20 over the past 12 months. He too will be keen to get back on the clay.
- Pablo Carreno Busta – 8/1 (Coral) – The solid Spaniard has struggled for form so far in 2018 – failing to replicate his heroics at the back end of 2017 where he climbed into the world’s top 10. Has no form to speak of but could be a real contender if he gets going again.
- Lucas Pouille – 14/1 (10 Bet) – The flamboyant Frenchman is consistently in and around the winners circle at events at this level and he has become a staple of the world’s top 20 in recent months. Hasn’t been since a second round loss at Wimbledon and will want to get back on form here.
Here are some of the outside picks in Hamburg this week:
- Philipp Kohlschreiber – 18/1 (Bet Victor) – The solid German will be able to call upon home support this week and looks a genuine outsider for the title.
- Marco Cecchinato – 20/1 (Betway) – The French Open semi-finalist has had a phenomenal year – epitomised by his Roland Garros performance and he loves playing on the clay.
- Benoit Paire – 22/1 (Betfred) – The supremely talented Frenchman is always worth a watch in any event he plays and looks to have a decent draw in Hamburg this week.
ATP Hamburg 2018 Tennis Betting Tips & Prediction
- Top Pick – Dominic Thiem – 3/1 (William Hill)
- Outside Pick – Marco Cecchinato –20/1 (Betway)
New Customers Only. Min Deposit: £/€10. 3.1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bet. 4.Credit Card, Debit Card & PayPal deposits only 5.Additional Terms Apply