Betting Sites Netherlands: The Best Dutch Betting Sites
The Netherlands may not be one of the first countries in which springs to mind when it comes to gambling, however a large number of Dutch players are now active on betting sites, with a number of bookmakers accommodating such individuals today.
While Dutch-based betting sites are still not available due to laws surrounding gambling, punters are still able to take advantage of international platforms. As such, this page has been put in place in order to help those in the Netherlands in finding the best betting site for them, as well as discussing exactly why they are so appealing.
Top 10 Dutch Betting Sites
- Odds are announced early
- Match predictions are reliable
- Neat and functional mobile app
- Odds are announced early
- Match predictions are reliable
- Neat and functional mobile app
Betting Sites in the Netherlands
With Dutch-based betting sites still waiting to be in a position to earn local gaming licenses, those in the Netherlands can still only place bets through international platforms. With that being said, the following are among the best betting sites available at present:
Intertops – Having been around since back in 1998, Intertops has attracted a large number of Dutch players over the years thanks to their easy to use website and range of sports markets. Those in the Netherlands can also take advantage of a welcome bonus up to €200, while the bookmaker performs well when it comes to football, tennis and basketball in particular.Bwin – With over 50 different sports found on their sportsbook, Bwin is another good option for players in the Netherlands. A host of pre-match and in-play markets are available, while features including cash out, edit my bet and virtual sports making their site all the more appealing. Meanwhile, both new and existing customers can take advantage of a variety of promotions.
Neo.Bet – One of the latest betting sites catering for bettors in the Netherlands is Neo.Bet, who were founded in 2018. Licensed in Malta, the bookmaker also offers one of the best mobile apps around, while they are likely to appeal to high rollers in particular, thanks to their high withdrawal limits. Dutch players can also choose between a 100% up to €150 or 200% up to €50 welcome bonus.
Spin Sports – Marketing themselves as the “World’s No.1 sportsbook”, Spin Sports certainly scores highly in a number of areas, including in-play and mobile betting. A welcome bonus of up to €200 is available to players in the Netherlands, while their site is also one of the most efficient around today.
Betway – Betway is likely to be a name familiar to most players, with their site having gained an excellent reputation over the years thanks to its market coverage and competitive odds in particular. €30 worth of free bets are up for grabs for new players, while their range of additional features means that you will do well to find a more appealing bookmaker.
Betting in the Netherlands
New gambling laws come into play in the summer of 2020 in the Netherlands, allowing local bookmakers to apply for gaming licenses as a result. Holland has taken its time when it comes to regulations in this area, however both foreign and Dutch betting sites will soon be able to legally operate across the country.
However, with no Dutch bookmakers to speak of until then, players must utilise international betting sites, where there are no taxes to be paid on winnings. Be sure to keep an eye out for changes made by the Remote Gambling Act, which should kick into gear at some point in 2020.
Best Betting Sites Netherlands – The Factors We Consider
A large number of foreign-based betting sites are now available to Dutch punters, which often means that making a decision regarding who to sign up with is difficult. So, just what makes a good betting site? Below are among the factors taken into consideration when reviewing betting sites in the Netherlands.
- Markets – Whether it be football, basketball, tennis or hockey, any betting site targeting players in the Netherlands must deliver a range of markets, covering both domestic and international events in the process. The best betting sites will cover everything from the Dutch Eredivisie football to the KLM Open golf, with a large number of bet types being found too.
- Odds – The odds offered to punters by betting sites will determine how much Dutch players will earn from successful bets. This is perhaps the most important factor to consider in the long run, ahead of promotions. Odds comparison platforms allow bettors to easily view which bookmakers perform best when it comes to certain sports.
- Bonus/Offers – With competition in the Dutch market being greater than ever, betting sites are likely to offer a variety of promotions in an attempt to attract players, including welcome bonuses. While this is not the most important factor to consider, bonus funds are always welcomed, providing an excellent platform to build upon.
- Live betting – The opportunity to bet on events that are already underway has changed the way in which many punters operate online, with the best betting sites delivering when it comes to in-play markets too.
- Mobile – Bets should be available to be placed when on the go using mobile devices, whether it be on a mobile website or dedicated bookmaker app. As well as this, mobile platforms should offer a range of features, including customer support and banking.
- Design / Usability – A bookmaker can offer a range of appealing markets and features, however if it is difficult for users to access them due to a poor website design, then this is almost redundant. As such the best betting sites are easy to use and fast.
- Payment methods in Euros – Betting sites available to players in the Netherlands should offer Euro as an accepted currency, ensuring that transactions are processed as quickly as possible, without incurring any fees surrounding conversion rates.
- Security – The best betting sites have a number of safety measures in place, ensuring that all customer information is secure at all times. Most of the leading bookmakers also have dedicated anti-fraud departments.
- Customer Service – Those living in the Netherlands should ideally be able to contact a betting sites customer support team at any time day or night, with a live chat feature also being a huge plus for punters.
What Makes a Good Betting Website?
It is normally fairly easy to make a decision regarding whether a betting site is good or not, with factors including markets, odds, usability, customer support and banking having a significant impact. However, a good betting site is also one which suits the needs of players, in this case those based in the Netherlands. This means offering a range of suitable payment methods, covering popular Dutch sports and offering customer support at convenient times.
Why are Bonuses & Promotions Important?
Another appealing feature of betting sites is the promotions in which they offer, with players living in the Netherlands being able to take advantage of the offers found on bookmaker platforms. Coming in a variety of types, bonuses can be important to those who take the time to use them properly.
Depending on the type of offer, promotions can help punters to either maximise their winnings or minimise a loss, potentially even receiving their stake back in some cases.
Players in the Netherlands are likely to come across a large number of different bonus types when betting online, however the offers below are perhaps the most common and popular at the moment:
- Welcome Bonus – 99% of bookmakers will offer some form of welcome bonus, which are only available to those signing up for a new account on their site. Whether it be a matched deposit bonus or no deposit bonus, such funds allow players to gain a better understanding of the available markets, providing a good platform to build upon in the process.
- Free Bet – Free bets are distributed to both new and existing players from time to time, whether it be as a reward for registering with a bookmaker or for loyalty on a particular site.
- Money Back Special – Despite not being so common today, some betting sites will offer customers their stake back in the form of a free bet should a particular event occur, including a particular football player scoring or a golfer winning a tournament.
- Price Boost – Ahead of a high profile Champions League tie between Ajax and Barcelona or tennis from Wimbledon, punters may be in a position to bet on teams and players at enhanced odds, meaning that greater winnings can be made.
- Accumulator Insurance – For those in the Netherlands, accumulator betting is hugely popular, making this form of promotion all the more appealing. Those who see their bet lose by just one pick will receive their stake back, up to a certain amount on certain sites.
How to Find the Best Bonus Offers?
Here at Online-Betting.org, we bring the latest betting site bonuses and promotions to readers, meaning that there is no other platform needed. However, those looking to never miss out on a potentially lucrative offer should also opt in to receiving news in this area from the betting sites in which they are signed up on. News is delivered via both email and text message in most cases. However, no what type of bonus it is that you are considering taking advantage of, there are certain factors that must be taken into considering, with bookmakers generally adding a number of terms and conditions in order to level the playing field.
While being more common in the world of casinos, some betting sites will stipulate that punters must wager the deposit or bonus amount a particular amount of times before withdrawals can be made.
There may also be minimum odds that must be met when placing qualifying bets or wagers using bonus funds, with those failing to do potentially losing their bonus.
Players are also likely to have to meet the terms and conditions revolving around a bonus within a particular period of time, which can be either 7, 14 or 90 days in most cases.
What is a Fair Bonus?
There is generally no point in looking to take advantage of a bonus if you deem it to be unfair or unrealistic. Bonuses should offer players a realistic chance of beating the bookmaker, meaning that the terms and conditions should not be too strict.
The Best Betting Sites in the Netherlands
We have outlined the following betting sites when it comes to betting on particular sports, with a specific focus upon players in the Netherlands:
- Football – Football, or soccer, is undoubtedly the most popular sport in the Netherlands, with the likes of Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord having been among the most successful clubs over the years. Those looking to bet on such teams, as well as leagues and tournaments from around the world should certainly consider Betway, with their football coverage being second to none.
- Tennis – Matches from the ATP and WTA Tours are available to bet on week in week out, with Bwin offering a huge number of both pre-match and in-play markets. Bwin also streams matches on a daily basis, allowing their customers the opportunity to follow the action as it unfolds.
- Hockey – Spin Sports is one of the betting sites covering floor hockey matches, making them an appealing platform for fans of the sport. Whether it be matches from the Olympic Games or BeNe League in Holland, markets are available on a regular basis at Spin Sports.
Betting Sites Netherlands FAQ
In this section, we will answer some of the most commonly asked questions when it comes to betting sites in the Netherlands.
Is betting legal in the Netherlands?
Players in the Netherlands can sign up and place bets on international betting sites, with new laws in this area meaning that Dutch-based bookmakers will soon be able to apply for gaming licenses.
Can payments be made in Euros?
Yes. The majority of betting sites in operation today accept Euros when it comes to making both deposits and withdrawals.
What makes a good betting site?
A good betting site is one which caters to the demands of punters, whether it be surrounding markets, odds, live streaming, customer support or banking. As a result, be sure to sign up with a bookmaker who delivers in a large number of these areas.
What is the best betting site for Dutch players?
We have already outlined some of the best betting sites for players in the Netherlands, with the likes of Betway, Intertops and Neo.Bet being among the most attractive.
Can Dutch players claim bonuses?
Absolutely! The majority of betting sites available to those living in the Netherlands offer some form of welcome bonus, while ongoing promotions can also be utilised by Dutch customers.
5 Tips for Dutch Betting Customers
The following tips have been written in an attempt to help players in the Netherlands get the most out of their time on betting sites, whether you are a beginner or an experienced bettor:
- Bet on sports that you have a good understand of, whether it be football, tennis or cycling, with this likely to lead to more wins and less surprises.
- Be sure to take on board the betting sites discussed on this page, with all being among the best online bookmakers for players in the Netherlands today.
- Only take advantage of bonuses and promotions which are fair, meaning that they provide a good chance of winning.
- Only register with a betting site which is licensed and regulated by a leading authority, ensuring for your safety by doing so.
- Remember that enjoyment is the No.1 priority, as well as never going beyond your means, betting responsibly at all times.
New Betting Sites in the Netherlands
As well as a large number of established bookies, there are also an increasing amount of newcomers looking to get in on the act, with Neo.Bet being a good example of this. With laws in Holland meaning that local bookmakers will also be able to get in on the act soon, the choice for players is only set to grow further.
Final Thoughts on Betting Sites Netherlands
The online betting scene in the Netherlands is likely to change once again in the coming months, however for now, it is only foreign bookmakers that can cater for Dutch players. However, there are a large number of appealing betting sites to select from, each offering their own set of benefits. Be sure to register on a site which suits your betting strategy, with all platforms on this page being nothing but 100% safe and reliable.