Fresh off the back of the second major of the year, that was once again clinched by Brooks Koepka, the PGA Tour rolls on to Washington DC in what is one of the most sought after trophies of the year. Attention will soon start turning to the Open Championship at Carnoustie, Scotland so players will want to start finding form before heading to the UK.
Quicken Loans National Outright Betting Tips
The tournament organisers will have been delighted to secure such a strong field in the midst of major season.
Here’s a look at some of our favourites for the Quicken Loans National:
- Rickie Fowler – 7/1 (Ladbrokes) – The world number 8 has had another consistent season – only missing one cut since mid-February and finishing 2nd at the Masters. He needs to start winning tournaments however to really be dining at the top table in world golf.
- Tiger Woods – 14/1 (888 Sport) – The 14-time major winner continues to make a resurgence on the PGA Tour and his fitness looks to be holding which is encouraging for all golf-lovers. He will be looking to get as many rounds as possible and attempt to emulate his wins here in 2009 and 2012.
- Marc Leishman – 20/1 (Betfair) – The Australian world number 18 is enjoying yet another solid season on the PGA Tour and he is regularly in the mix at the big events. He is always one to watch with his big hitting and he is looking for his first win on the tour since September 2017.
- Francesco Molinari – 20/1 (Bet Bright) – The enigmatic Italian has become one of the main men on the PGA Tour in recent times. He has soared up the rankings (world number 17) and he should be full of confidence following his win at the BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth last month.
- Kyle Stanley – 25/1 (888 Sport) – The defending champion at Potomac returns to the home of his biggest victory on the PGA Tour looking to keep his good form of late going. He finished 2nd at the Memorial earlier this month and could be one to watch here.
- J B Holmes – 28/1 (William Hill) – The big-hitting American is looking for his first win on the tour for nearly 3 years but looks to have all the hallmarks of a game suited to the course and finished tied second at the Travelers Championship last time out.
- Jimmy Walker – 33/1 (Bet Victor) – The 2016 PGA Championship winner has struggled for form since winning his maiden major but is more than capable of piecing 4 good days of golf together and challenging here.
- Byeong-Hun An – 40/1 (Betway) – The young South Korean has yet to have a big impact on the PGA Tour but he managed a second place finish at the Memorial last month and has a technically tight game that could hold up well this week.
Top Pick – Rickie Fowler – 7/1 (Ladbrokes)
Outside Pick – Francesco Molinari – 20/1 (Bet Bright)