Darts Betting Tips: Premier League Darts – Week 15 – Aberdeen
As yet another enthralling season of Premier League darts comes to an end, all eyes start to turn to the finals day at London’s O2 Arena on Thursday 17th May. This week however, sees the regular season come to an end and with relegation decided, it’s very much a case of people trying to play themselves into form as the season draws to a close.
Michael Smith vs Raymond van Barneveld
- Michael Smith (7/5 – Betfair)
- Raymond van Barneveld (6/4 – Betway)
- Draw (10/3 – Ladbrokes)
Young Englishman Michael Smith has impressed in the Premier League this season and currently finds himself in second place in the table. His consistency has been the backbone of his strong showing this season and he has already secured his finals day place at the O2. ‘Barney’ is currently 6th in the table and can sometimes appear a little of the pace but his never say die attitude is admirable and he will be wanting to finish the season in style. This could be the match of the night.
- Match Prediction: Michael Smith to win 7-5 – 17/2 with Betfred.
- Peter Wright vs Daryl Gurney
- Peter Wright (13/10 – Ladbrokes)
- Daryl Gurney (6/4 – Betway)
- Draw (10/3 – William Hill)
Two men playing for pride face off in Aberdeen in what promises to be a very close match. Peter Wright has struggled to replicate his form of recent seasons this term and currently sits 7th in the table but he will have home support to bank upon in Aberdeen. Daryl Gurney has been in great nick in recent weeks and seems to be buoyed by keeping his Premier League status for another season. These two are very well matched and it could go down to the wire.
- Match Prediction: Draw 6-6 – 7/2 with NetBet.
- Michael van Gerwen vs Gary Anderson
- Michael van Gerwen (4/7 – Ladbrokes)
- Gary Anderson (4/1 – Betway)
- Draw (4/1 – Coral)
The MVG train continues to roll on in the Premier League with the Dutchman sitting pretty at the top of the table by 4 points. He has once again been a figure of consistency on the PDC Tour and is always the biggest draw wherever he goes. With the exception maybe of Scotland: where he faces off against local favourite Gary Anderson who continues to overcome his troubles on and off the board to put in solid performances at the highest level. The ‘Flying Scotsman’ has qualified for finals day too and he will be keen to keep his good form going here. This could be a big ask though for Anderson with MVG in such good form.
- Match Prediction: Michael van Gerwen to win 7-4 – 5/1 with Bet Victor.
- Rob Cross vs Simon Whitlock
- Rob Cross (4/9 – Betfair)
- Simon Whitlock (11/2 – Ladbrokes)
- Draw (9/2 – NetBet)
Rob Cross’s story from absolute obscurity to world champion is nothing short of remarkable and the fairytale continues for the man from Essex who currently sits 3rd in the Premier League table and has booked his slot at finals day. Simon Whitlock has been operating at the elite level of the game for over 10 years and despite that first major being elusive; he is always a tricky customer to play against and a firm favourite with the fans. Rob Cross is one of the hottest properties in world darts at the moment and should have too much about him here.
Match Prediction: Rob Cross to win 7-5 – 11/2 with Bet Victor.
Match Accumulator Bet:
- Michael Smith vs Raymond van Barneveld – Michael Smith to win
- Peter Wright vs Daryl Gurney – Draw
- Michael van Gerwen vs Gary Anderson – Michael van Gerwen to win
- Rob Cross vs Simon Whitlock – Rob Cross to win
Pays 23.99 if they all come in.